- In order to meet the wide ranging, challenging and growing demands for professional Managers, in the recent times, from both the developing and the developed Nations, the Department of “Management Studies” was established in the year 2001, in the College, as an exclusive Department and as a separate entity.
- The Objective of the Institution is to provide “Management Education” and promote the growth of effective and efficient “Business Managers” through adherence of the highest Standards of Academic Integrity and overall Ethical Conduct, to develop a sense of Individual Responsibility and to collectively participate in reinforcing and maintaining an environment of honour, trust and standards.
- While the first year core curriculum begins with a common knowledge base and customises students by grounding in basic management foundation and in critical skills like finance, marketing, human resources, management and operations- along with hard business skills, the course has access to enhance the learning experience and student perspective, to develop specialisaton in areas of leadership qualities and decision making abilities. Classroom learning is complemented by projects and hands-on experiences, so as to foster leadership, communication and collaboration skills and abilities for performance enhancement.
- The Department strives to develop long term relationships with industries and market the Students Talents effectively; the students are thus provided high level leads and career pathways that enable them to gain access to a broad range of high potential MBA Career Opportunities.
- Eventhough the Department is very young; it has made a name for itself, among the top few colleges, at the university level, through its performance in the examinations and in placement.
- The curriculum adopted is of semester system and is spread over a period of two years; the programme is affiliated to Anna University.
- The specialities covered are Human Resources Management, Marketing, Finance, Systems and Operations Management.
- The present annual intake is 120.
MBA – Specialisations – HRM, Marketing, Systems, Operations and Finance